lundi 14 avril 2014

Creamy Avocado Pasta








I don’t know about you, but as much as I love cooking, there are some evenings when I really don’t feel like lifting a spoon. 

However, there is never an evening when I don’t feel like having something full of flavours and heart-contenting for diner. 

Dilemma dilemma…

That’s why I have started to compile a few very simple recipes. 

I want to share this one with you today. It’s from the blog Oh She Glows

Both M and I were astonished by how good it is. As a matter of fact I am on my way to cook some right now!

Serves 2

Ingredients:
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
  • 1-3 garlic cloves, to taste (I love garlic and we use 2 to keep the balance with the smoothness of the avocado)
  • A healthy pinch of salt
  • About 10 fresh basil leaves
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 servings of your choice of pasta (We prefer it with spaghetti)
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste





1. Bring water to a boil in a pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook as per instructions.

2. In the meantime, prepare the sauce by placing all the remaining ingredients in a food processor. Mix until the preparation is smooth and creamy. 

3. Grate the lemon zest and keep on the side.

4. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and serve. Pour on the creamy avocado sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately.

You cannot microwave this dish once the avocado cream has been added to the pasta. However if you keep the surplus in the fridge, you can use it for several days.

We're about to tuck in!!

R


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire